All matriculated undergraduate and graduate students are assigned a faculty advisor. Your advisor is listed in your MaineStreet account.
Faculty advisors are generally unavailable June, July and August.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
Prepare for your Advising appointment
- Go to your "Student Center" in MaineStreet to see when you are eligible to register for classes.
- Review the Core curriculum requirements in your USM catalog.
- View your "Degree Progress Report" on MaineStreet to see remaining Core and major requirements. Bring a copy with you to your advising session. Sometimes the "Degree Progress Report" has errors, due to transfer courses or changes in your program's curriculum. Be sure to check it with your advisor!
- Use the Graduation Planner on the Advising Network to create an academic plan toward graduation. Fill out the planner and bring it with you to your advising session.
- Review the course schedule of next semester courses available through MaineStreet.
- Develop a tentative schedule of classes and check to see if you have met proficiencies and course prerequisites.
- Add the courses you are eligible to take to your Wish List on MaineStreet.
- Make an appointment with your advisor or attend an advising night event.
- Add the appointment/event to your calendar, so you don't forget!
At your Advising appointment you can expect to:
- Confirm your remaining requirements. Bring a copy of your Graduation Planner and unofficial transcript to your appointment.
- Review your Wish List and discuss any changes recommended by your faculty academic advisor.
- Receive your Enrollment PIN and your faculty academic advisor’s approval for your course selections, which are needed to register.
After meeting with your faculty academic advisor you may register for your courses using MaineStreet on your designated date and time. You may also walk-in with your signed registration worksheet or Enrollment PIN to the staff at any of the Student Success Centers or the Registrars Office in Gorham.
If you have difficulty contacting your faculty advisor or do not have one listed in MaineStreet, please contact Kate Corbett, Coordinator of Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-780-4762.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Changing your major?
- Transferring to USM?
- Looking for a Work Study job?
- Field Education
- International Student Information
- Study Abroad
- Social Work Student Organization
- Phi Alpha Honor Society
- Thinking Matters
- Civic Matters