The Radiation Safety Committee (RSC) oversees the use of ionizing radiation on campus and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, to protect USM employees, students, the public, and the environment. The RSC, in conjunction with University Environmental Health and Safety, provides safety-related services for USM.
All USM community members with concerns or questions pertaining to Radiation Safety at USM may contact Hong Xie, Ph.D., Chair of the RSC, (207) 228-8067, or John Reed, Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) and Director of University Environmental Health and Safety, (207) 780-5338, for additional information.
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Chemical Safety Board (CSB)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- SafetyWorks - Maine Department of Labor