The University Environmental Health & Safety Office supports the University's goal of teaching, conducting research and providing education by offering technical guidance, training and investigative services to the institution at large.
Our goal is to promote and foster a safe working environment by instilling a culture of sustainable environmental health and safety by promoting prudent practices and complying with federal, state, and local regulations resulting in the prevention of injuries and illnesses to faculty, students and staff.
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Chemical Safety Board (CSB)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- SafetyWorks - Maine Department of Labor