Announcing Funding Opportunities Brown Bag Lunches
As part of our effort to assist faculty in pursuing institutional funding opportunities for research and education in support of student success and community engagement, the Office of Research Administration and Development will be scheduling a series of Brown Bag Lunches (bring your own lunch) to discuss upcoming funding opportunities. The first series of lunches will focus on funding opportunities for STEM faculty with due dates in the winter semester. All lunches will take place on Fridays between noon and 1 pm and on the Portland campus. The following is the schedule by funding opportunity:
- November 16 – NSF Research for Undergraduate Institutions (RUI) and Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- November 30 – NSF Transforming Undergraduate Education in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (TUES)
- December 7 – NSF Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) in Engineering and Computer Science
- December 14 – NSF Cyberlearning: Transforming Education
The location for the lunches will be Room 277 in the Bioscience Wing of the Science Building.
This schedule will be posted on our website and a new one will be posted in January for funding opportunities that have summer and fall deadlines.
If you are interested in attending or wish to send a representative, please send an email to Dr. Terry Shehata at email@example.com
I hope you will join to discuss these opportunities.
- Confidentiality/Nondisclosure Form
- Equipment Repair Fund
- Fee for Service vs. Research
- Human Subjects Research
- Internal Competitive Grant Deadlines
- Maine Economic Improvement Fund (MEIF)
- UMaine Intellectual Property Policy
- Undergrad Research Computer Lab Access Form
- USM New Invention Notification Form
- USM Patent Procedure & Policy
- USM Standard Research Contract
- USM Statement on Animal Use