Certificate Program in Training and Development
This certificate program in training and development provides an in-depth and comprehensive introduction to the role of the trainer and the opportunity to learn and practice the fundamental skills and processes involved in training others. The curriculum has recently been updated to include online instruction.
Individuals who will find the program beneficial to their career preparation and advancement include:
- New trainers and individuals with expanded training responsibilities
- Current trainers who want to supplement their on-the-job training
- Professionals seeking to transition into the field of training
- Content experts whose responsibilities include training
- Consultants who want to add training to their set of skills
The program consists of five core courses and a six-hour elective that allows participants to customize the curriculum to meet their career and organizational needs.
Required Courses: (64 total hours)
- Designing for Effective Learning (12 hours) - April 2013
- Conducting Reliable Needs Assessments (12 hours) - February 2013
- Training Facilitation (16 hours) - June 2013
- Evaluation of Training (12 hours) - November 2013
- Best Practices In Online Instruction (12 hours) - March 2013
Electives: (6 total minimum hours) Select any course from our professional development program offerings. Browse a full list of current offerings.
This certificate program is offered during both the fall and spring semesters. Please click individual required courses above for class schedules.
70 total contact hours / 7.0 CEUs.
Total cost of required courses is $1,655 – includes all course materials. Elective course fees vary. Participants register and pay per course.
This program is currently approved for use of GI Bill Benefits. To use your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits, please contact Carolyn Cutting in Veterans Services at firstname.lastname@example.org / 207-780-5232 after you have registered for the certificate program. You can register online, over the phone, or in person. Payment is due at time of registration.
Track the progress of your certificate program with this form.
Each course within this certificate program is taught by industry professionals. Click on the course descriptions above to view instructor biographies.
- Maine Chapter of American Society of Training and Development (Maine ASTD)
Maine ASTD – http://www.maineastd.org/
The Maine Chapter of ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) is a non-profit organization for those professionals actively engaged in or interested in the fields of training and development.
- American Society of Training and Development (ASTD)
ASTD - http://www.astd.org/
The world's largest professional association dedicated to the training and development field.