Certificate Program in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate Program is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to successfully lead and participate in improvement projects. The Six Sigma approach emphasizes evidence-based analysis, customer-driven results, and an efficient flow of products and services designed to deliver high performance, reliability, and value to the customer. The Green Belt certification will provide you with a complete toolbox that you can immediately apply back on the job for process improvements.
You will learn many of the Lean Six Sigma techniques, problem-solving methods, and statistical tools including:
- DMAIC methodology to scope and define improvements
- Project charter and tracking
- Process mapping, process monitoring, and control
- Problem analysis tools and graphical data analysis
- Solution generation techniques
- Cost/benefit analysis; Risk planning and testing
- How to apply Lean concepts (designed to accelerate the speed of processes and reduce waste) such as 5S, waste reduction, Value Stream Mapping, and mistake proofing
- How to effectively manage team dynamics when working on projects and process improvements
Green Belt certification will give you all the skills needed to be an effective project leader. Green Belt certification also fulfills part of the requirements for Black Belt certification.
This certificate program is offered during both the fall and spring semesters.
For the Spring term, this class meets:
5 Tuesdays: January 29, February 12, 26, March 13, 26, 2013
12 PM - 7 PM all five days.
$1500 (Includes all course materials and light dinner)
35 contact hours/3.5 CEUs
- Joe Allen MS, CSCP, is the Director of Education for the Down East Chapter of APICS. Joe has held many positions of increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management and International Logistics. Joe also has significant work experiences in Six Sigma tools and the DMAIC process.
- Susan Knapp, Ph. D., has over 25 years of experience as a manager and trainer and has been a consultant to Fortune 500 companies, universities, government agencies, hospitals and the United States Air Force. She received her Six Sigma Black Belt training through Acuity and the Ohio State University.