OLLI Related Research & the LLI Review
Recent Research from the OLLI Network:
OLLIs who have produced surveys of their membership are encouraged to submit their reports to the OLLI National Research Center website.
- A Successful Partnership for Research: California State University, Channel Islands' 2011 Survey of OLLI Members. Conducted by Sociology Capstone Students
There is potential for research within the OLLI network that both strengthens the programs and contributes to the national understanding of lifelong learning for older learners. Relevant research proposals should be submitted to Kyle Allen. These will then be forwarded to the OLLI National Research Center Research Review Panel.
The OLLI NRC Research Review Panel members:
- E. Michael Brady, PhD. Senior Research Fellow attached to the OLLI National Resource Center, Professor of Adult Education at the University of Southern Maine.
- Sandra Bowman, Ed.D. Program Operations Coordinator for OLLI at the University of Arkansas.
- Gerald DeVries, PhD. Director of Community Outreach on the OLLI UC, Irvine Board. Before Gerald retired he was a researcher working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Michael D. Smith, Ph.D., M.H.A. Assistant Dean, Evaluation and Planning and Executive Director, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the College of Public Health University of Kentucky Lexington.
The LLI Review was an annual publication of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes' National Resource Center. The mission of this peer-reviewed journal was to present original research and provide commentary on issues related to learning among persons over the age of fifty. Given the growth in the literature on lifelong learning, publication of the LLI Review ceased in 2011and is will no longer be produced.
Archive issues are available as pdfs below:
- The LLI Review: Fall 2011, Volume 6
- The LLI Review: Fall 2010, Volume 5
- The LLI Review: Fall 2009, Volume 4
- The LLI Review: Fall 2008, Volume 3
- The LLI Review: Fall 2007, Volume 2
- The LLI Review: Fall 2006, Volume 1
The OLLI National Resource Center will publish articles, papers and relevant research on this website. If you have material you would like to submit to the website for consideration please send it to Kyle Allen.