Innovating for Today & Tomorrow
2012 Annual Southern Regional Conference for Learning in Retirement
OLLI National Conference: November 12 - 14, 2012
Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado
The national conference is for invited staff and members only.
For additional information please contact: Fran Myers, Director of Conferences for the OLLI National Resource Center
The OLLI National Conference 2011
The 7th National Conference took place at the Eaglewood Resort in Itasca, Illinois on April 13-15, 2011.
2011 Conference Materials and Conference Sessions
Conference videos available for viewing:
- Conference Opening and WOWs: Small file download. Large file download
- Terrence McNally, "Winning Members: Attention, Engagement, Activation, and Flow": Small file download. Large file download
Slideshows of the conference
Day One (above)
Day Two (above)
- Virtual Conference Resource Materials Table (Catalogs, newsletters and ideas from around the OLLI network)
- OLLI Fundraising Ideas
- Conference Attendee Biographies
- Conference Breakout Session Descriptions
- "Winning Members: Attention, Engagement, Activation, and Flow"
Terrence McNally, Radio Host and Communications Consultant
Presentation Resources (Word)
- "Solving Problems Through Action Research"
Mike Brady, OLLI National Resource Center - Jack Hansen, Furman University
Solving Problems Through Action Research (PowerPoint)
- "Beyond the Classroom: Valuable Services and Worthwhile Experiences"
Alisha Foster, Hampton University - Barbara Lando, University of Alaska Fairbanks - Rebecca Lawrence, San Diego State University.
Beyond the Classroom: Implementing an Online Learning Community (PowerPoint)
Implementing an Online Learning Community: Things to Consider (Word)
Beyond the Classroom: Educational Travel Programs (PDF)
- "Collaborations for Success: Win -Win Partnering with Community Organizations and the Host University"
Maralie BeLonge, University of New Mexico - Lori Bonderson, South Dakota University - Marty Kaplan, California State University Channel Islands
Win -Win Collaborations (PowerPoint)
Win -Win Partnering with Community Organizations and the Host University at CSUCI (Word)
Collaborations for Success: Win -Win Partnering with Community Organizations and the Host University (PDF)
- "Create a Volunteer Enhanced OLLI"
Judy Mann, Northwestern University - Elena Marciano, University of the Pacific - Judy Widen, Northwestern University
Create a Volunteer-Enhanced OLLI! (PowerPoint)
- "Developing a Culture of Cost Management: Three Perspectives"
Vonnie Wheeler, University of Denver - Ellie Browner, Florida International University - Kathleen Holden, University of Illinois
Speaker Information Sheet (Word)
Can the Specialist Spell? (Word)
Course Evaluation Forms: University of Pittsburgh (Word) San Francisco State (Word)
OLLI Study Group Proposal (Word)
Submitting a Course Proposal (Word)
Boise State Newsletter (PDF)
OLLI Table Sign (PDF)
Colorado State Lifelong Learning Week Proclamation (PDF)
- "Developing Strong, Effective Boards and Committees"
Norma Clippard, Vanderbilt University - Kay Menzel, University of South Florida - Jon Neidy, Bradley University
Developing Strong Effective Boards and Committees (PDF)
Volunteer Engagement and Succession Planning(PDF)
Board of Advisors Mission Statement (Word)
Developing Board Effectiveness (PowerPoint)
- "Marketing your OLLI"
Ruth Heller, University of Oregon - Jim Nims, University of the Pacific - Marcy Welch, University of Nevada Reno
Developing and Implementing a Marketing Plan (Word)
How We Do It (Word)
OLLI-UO 2010 Reader Survey Results (PDF)
OLLI Flier Spring 2011 (PDF)
- "Membership Matters: Getting, Keeping, Involving"
Marilyn Blumsack, Tufts University - Linda Ketron, Coastal Carolina University - Judy Miller, Louisiana State University - Ara Rogers, University of South Florida
OLLI at LSU (PowerPoint)
Learning to Become Inclusive: One OLLI's Story (PDF)
- "The Quest for Faculty‚ Many Roads to Success"
Thom Clement, George Mason University - Sharon Sokoloff, Brandeis University - Michelle Sierpina, University of Texas Medical Branch
The Quest for Faculty‚ Many Roads to Success (PDF)
The Quest for Faculty‚ Many Roads to Success (PowerPoint)
Recruiting & Retaining Faculty in OLLIs: Most Challenging & Important Developmental Task (PowerPoint)
- "Registration Software, Make the Jump!"
Dee Aguilar, University of Nebraska Lincoln - Lucy Woodhouse, Furman University
Registration Software: A fairy tale story! (PowerPoint)
- "The Science Education Center for the Third Age: Lessons Learned and Possible Next Steps"
Kurt Feichtmeir, Director of Extended Learning, The Exploratorium, San Francisco, CA - Kali Lightfoot, OLLI National Resource Center
A Science Education Center for the Third Age: Lessons Learned, Next Steps (PowerPoint)
- "Social Networking: The Options and Deciding Whether it is Right for You?"
Jon Neidy, Bradley University - Jennifer Patino, California State University Bakersfield - Emily Richardson, Widener University
Social Networking: The Options and Deciding Whether it is Right for You? (PDF)
- "The Creative Edge of Curriculum Development"
Judi Bobenge, University of Pittsburgh - Ellie McKinnon, Boise State University - Debra Varner, San Francisco State University
The Creative Edge in Curriculum DevelopmentBuilding a Well-Rounded Curriculum (PowerPoint)
- "The Curriculum Committee: Similarities, Differences and Unique Features"
Adam Brunner, Temple University - Janet Fogler, University of Michigan - Vivian Lawsky, University of Pittsburgh
The Curriculum Committee: Similarities, Differences and Unique Features (Word)
- "The Fundraising Journey: From Kitty Hawk to the Starship Enterprise Via 747"
Carl Curtis, California State University Long Beach - Sherm Rounsville, Furman University - Mike Smith, University of Kentucky - Barbara White, California State University Long Beach
Who is your Alma Mater? (Word)
Building Fund Request (PDF)
The Fundraising Journey (PowerPoint)
OLLI building naming opportunities (PDF)
STARSHIP ENTERPRISE: A Journey of Vision & Leadership (PDF)
OLLI Pledge Form (PDF)
OLLI at CSULB Handout (PDF)
Fund Development: OLLI at the U. of Kentucky (PDF)