Judith Spross PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN
Credentials, degrees schools attended:
PhD in nursing, Boston College
MS in nursing, Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University
BSN, Villanova University
2006-2009 USM Research Council
2003-2007 Graduate Admission, Curriculum and Advancedment, School of Nursing
2005-2009 DNP Committee
2004-2008 Faculty Advisor, Student Nurse Organization
American Nurses Association
2007-2008 AACN Representative to National Panel on Clinical Nurse Specialist Competencies
National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
Member, Education Committee Co-chair, 2006-2007
2006 - Consultant British Columbia Cancer Agency on Advanced Practice and Interdisciplinary collaboration, Vancouver, British Columbia
2005 - Reviewer, Japan Journal of Nursing Science
Practice areas (prior experience)
I have over 25 years experience as an oncology and pain management clinical specialist in academic medical centers, rehabilitation, and hospice settings. I am also a Reiki II practitioner. Prior to coming to USM, I was at Education Development Center, Inc. (www.edc.org) where I served as co-investigator and project manager on federally and privately funded grants in health services research aimed at changing institutional and clinical practice.
Advanced practice nursing, holistic health, pain management including integrative therapies, evidence-based practice, leadership and institutional change
Hamric, A.B., Spross, J.A. & Hanson, C.M. (editors) (2009). Advanced Practice Nursing: An Integrative Approach. 4th edition. St. Louis: Elsevier Saunders.
Chapters authored in this text
- Spross, J.A. & Lawson, M.T. (2009). Conceptualizations of advanced practice nursing. pp. 33-74.
- Spross, J.A. (2009). Expert coaching.and guidance. pp. 159 -190.
- Spross, J.A. & Hanson, C.M. (2009). Clinical, professional and systems leadership. pp. 249-282.
- Hanson, C.M. & Spross, J.A. (2009). Collaboration. pp. 283-314.
- Hamric, A.B., Spross, J.A. & Hanson, C.M. (editors) (2005). Advanced Practice Nursing: An Integrative Approach. 3nd edition. St. Louis: Elsevier Saunders.