The Public Policy & Management program at the Muskie School offers graduate-level education and training for those seeking a career in the public and nonprofit sectors. Educational experiences are multi-disciplinary and problem focused, with flexible delivery through traditional classes and distance technologies. PPM faculty, staff, and students engage in rigorous inquiry about the complex challenges of democratic governance in our diverse communities, states, and nation.
To educate students to have the ability to:
- Lead and manage in public governance and nonprofit organizations;
- Participate in and contribute to the policy process;
- Analyze and develop public policy;
- Solve problems and make decisions;
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective;
- Communicate and interact effectively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry