Certificate of Graduate Study in Performance Management & Measurement
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Performance Management & Measurement is designed to equip managers with the knowledge and skills needed to monitor and report on organizational performance, to present results-oriented information in alternative formats to diverse, non-technical audiences, and to contribute to improving performance in public organizations.
The certificate program may be taken as additional credits of coursework to augment a master's degree, or as a 12-credit certificate program that does not require matriculation in a degree program. Certificate programs include a choice of courses selected from the curriculum of the master's degree in Public Policy & Management. Certificate students may transfer their coursework (in which they received a grade of B or better) into a degree program if they decide to pursue a master's degree. Students who complete a certificate and decide to pursue the degree must present a formal graduate application, including standardized test scores, to be considered for admission to the degree program.
To apply, contact USM Graduate Admissions or visit the Certificate of Graduate Study website
For More Information
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (207) 228-8541
Student Affairs Office
Students complete 12 credits of study, including a required three-credit course and nine credits of elective coursework selected from a list of approved courses.
Select an additional nine credits from the following:
- PPM 519 Communication Skills for Public Managers
- PPM 535 Managing in the Nonprofit Sector
- PPM 601 Applied Statistics for Public Policy and Management
- PPM 615 Foundations for Public Policy& Management*
- PPM 632 Human Resource Management in Public, Nonprofit and Health Organizations
- PPM 633 Strategic Planning in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors
- PPM 636 Management Information Systems in the Public, Health and Nonprofit Sectors
- PPM 641 Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations*
* with instructor permission