Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age
The Southern Maine Writing Project is pleased to offer a series of digital writing workshops for Maine educators, K-12. Facilitated by SMWP teacher consultants, the Teaching and Learning in a Digital Age sessions will provide teachers with practical, classroom-tested approaches to technology integration for all content areas and grade levels. The series primarily focuses on tools and practices for helping students collaborate, reflect, revise, and publish. To meet the needs of participants with a wide range of experience, each workshop includes plenty of time for experimentation and application.
The following sessions will be held on the USM Gorham campus during the 2012-2013 school year:
- iPads in the Elementary Classroom: November 17, 2012
- A New Digital Portfolio: The Online Commonplace Book: December 8, 2012
- Google Docs and the Collaborative Classroom: January 26, 2013
- Writing, Audience & Collaboration - Blogs & Voice Threads: February 9, 2013
- Writing for Authentic Audiences - Digital Video & Storytelling: April 13, 2013