Diversity Committee Mission Statement
USM LAC Diversity Committee Mission Statement
Learning is more likely to flourish in educational settings where respectful dialogue across differences is both a cultural ideal and a continuing practice. The University of Southern Maine’s Lewiston-Auburn College standing Diversity Committee recognizes and promotes the ethical responsibility to value, embrace and learn from human differences. The Committee actively fosters an environment of mutual respect and understanding among our diverse populations within and outside the University.
The Diversity committee, therefore, seeks to:
- Create an inclusive, respectful, hospitable, and safe campus climate
- Promote the continuous development of multicultural curricula and co-curricular experiences
- Cultivate opportunities for community dialogue and outreach
- Encourage and practice critical self reflection and analysis of what we think, say, and do
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of our work.
The USM LAC Diversity Committee is an advisory body to the Dean and Administration relative to matters of campus climate and policies concerning diversity on campus.
Please send comments or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
USM LAC Orientation
Orientation is a very important first step for accepted students to prepare for their first semester on campus. We encourage all accepted students to come to orientation and get ready to embark upon a great undergraduate experience at USM!