The "Dean's Scholarship" was established in 2012 from a generous gift from Lewiston-Auburn College's Senior College program. This scholarship is awarded to one student for a total of $4,000, with $1,000 awarded each year for four years.
The first $1,000 will be awarded for the current academic year which began September 2012.
- Awarded based on demonstrated financial need (based on FAFSA)
- The recipient must be a part-time or full-time incoming freshman or transfer student from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. "Incoming" means being accepted and enrolled in Fall 2012 classes
- Pursuing first baccalaureate degree in a Lewiston-Auburn College major
- Incoming freshman must have a minimum of a B average from high school. Transfer students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Briefly state (400 words or less) how this scholarship will benefit your educational goals
- Scholarship is automatically renewable for three years as long recipient remains enrolled at least part-time and maintains minimum GPA of 3.0
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is October 12, 2012.
USM LAC Orientation
Orientation is a very important first step for accepted students to prepare for their first semester on campus. We encourage all accepted students to come to orientation and get ready to embark upon a great undergraduate experience at USM!