Office of International Programs
On Campus Students
Special Instructions for New International & NSE Students Living On the USM Campus
Please plan your arrival for no later than Tueday, August 28th, 2012. Our office will be picking up students who are living in the campus Residence Hall.
- We will be picking students up at the Portland Maine Jetport on Monday, August 27th at 6:30 PM. We will also stop at the Concord Trailways Bus station at approximately 7:00 on 8/27/12 before heading to the Gorham dorms.
- If you arrive after the scheduled pick-ups you will need to make arrangements to stay in South Portland at the Comfort Inn which is very close to the airport and offers a free shuttle service.Be sure to tell that that you are coming for a USM program so that you receive the discounted USM student rate of approximately $75-100 per night. Our office may also be able to assist you with finding another incoming student to share your hotel room in order to defray some of the cost. Please be sure to let us know if you would be interested in this option.
- Our office will be running a 2nd shuttle to the dorms in Gorham on Tuesday, August 28th. We will start at the Comfort Inn at 11:00 AM and then we will go to the Portland Jetport and/or Concord Trailways Bus Station.
- Please note that the Residence Halls will not be available to students any earlier than the 27th of August.
National Exchange Students
- We will be picking up National Exchange students up at the Portland Maine Jetport on Thursday, August 30th at 6:30 PM. We will also stop at the Concord Trailways Bus station at approximately 7:00 on 8/30/12 before heading to the Gorham dorms.