Welcome to the USM Educational Psychology Program. The USM Educational Psychology Program offers four (4) different programs of study:
1. Master of Science in Educational Psychology: Applied Behavior Analysis concentration (MSABA; 36 credits) – available via distance education
2. Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (CABA; 21 credits) – available via distance education
3. Certificate in Response to Intervention for Academics (RTI-A; 18 credits)
4. Certificate in Response to Intervention for Behavior (RTI-B; 18 credits)
Both the M.S. and CABA include the classes required to obtain the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) credential. The BCBA is a national certification administered by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB). The M.S. is for those who want the BCBA but do not have a master’s degree. The CABA is for those who want the BCBA but already have a master’s degree. Both the MS and CABA are approved by the BACB. There are three (3) steps needed to become a BCBA:
1. Complete coursework
2. Complete 1500 hours of internship supervised by a BCBA
3. Take and pass the national BCBA exam
USM offers step 1, the coursework, but does not provide steps 2 and 3. Those seeking the BCBA must complete steps 2 and 3 on their own as specified by the BACB. Information about the BCBA application process can be obtained from: http://www.bacb.com/
The Certificates in RTI for Academics (RTI-A) and Behavior (RTI-B) are designed for classroom teachers, school administrators, and other school personnel interested in learning how to design and implement RTI methods in their schools. Students in the RTI-A and RTI-B programs all take the same three (3) entry-level core classes. After completing these core classes, students then take classes specific to RTI for Academics or RTI for Behavior.
Educational Psychology Information Session
Online Information Session
Wednesday May 15, 2013
4:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
To join the meeting go to: http://connect.maine.edu/r7goshkdd2h/
This online webinar will provide information about USM’s online certificate and master’s degree in applied behavior analysis (ABA).
The session is free. No RSVP is required.