Certificate in ABA Admissions
- Hold a master's degree from an accredited institution
Candidates should submit all application materials to the USM Office of Graduate Admissions, 39 Exeter Street, Portland, ME 04104-9300 by the application deadline.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed application form (pdf)
- Nonrefundable processing fee of $25.00, payable to USM
- Official Transcripts or copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you received a degree
- Your current Resume
- An essay explaining the reasons for seeking the CABA
Acceptance to a certificate program does not constitute acceptance to a master’s or post-master’s certificate of advanced study program. Applications for degree status must be made under separate cover.
Transfer Policy: Students admitted to the Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis can request permission to transfer up to 6 graduate credits toward the Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (CABA). In order for credits to be eligible for transfer, they must meet the following criteria:
- For students seeking certification for BCBA, any applicable course/s must be transferred from a program that is approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- The credits must have been earned as part of a graduate course (e.g., 500 level or higher) offered at a U.S. institution of higher learning accredited at the time the credits were earned by a regional and/or national accrediting body and recognized as accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The credits must have been earned for a course which is equivalent in content covered and skills developed to one required in the student’s USM program of study.
- The earned grade for the course must be a B or higher (GPA equivalent of 3.0).
- The credits must have been earned within 3 years from the date when transfer credit is requested.
- The credits must not have been applied to any previously earned degree.
Transferred credits will be noted on the student’s USM transcript and counted toward the student’s degree or certificate program of study. To request transfer of credit(s), a student must submit the course syllabus/i and official transcript(s) showing the grade(s) for the course(s) to the school psychology program coordinator. The coordinator will consult with program faculty to determine if the credit transfer is approved. Once approved, the program will notify the USM Registrar to enter the official transfer onto the student’s record.
Educational Psychology Information Session
On May 15th USM's Educational Psychology Program held a webinar information sesssion on our certificate and masters degree in applied behavior analysis(ABA)
This prerecorded webinar provides information about USM’s online certificate and master’s degree in applied behavior analysis (ABA).
To view the webinar please -click here-