Scholarships available in the College of Science, Technology, and Health
- Pioneers - incoming students
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Scholars - incoming and transfer students and current USM juniors
- School of Nursing Scholarships - incoming and continuing students enrolled in the School of Nursing
- College of Science, Technology, and Health Scholarships - continuing non-nursing students matriculated in a degree program in the College of Science, Technology, and Health.
- Outside scholarships - scholarships offered by organizations outside of USM.
- Incoming students: STEM Scholars - February 15, 2013; Pioneers - January 2, 2013
- Continuing students (both nursing and non-nursing): February 1, 2013; STEM Scholars - February 15, 2013
- Options and accelerated students beginning in May 2013 (School of Nursing): April 1, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Criteria and Eligibility
Minimum qualifications for applicant consideration per university policy are:
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater at the time of application. Those new to USM should use their documented GPA from their previous institution.
- Applicant must be a degree candidate carrying at least 6 credits at the time of application for scholarship and during the award period.
- Seniors graduating in December 2013 may apply and will receive scholarship funding per individual scholarship criteria.
- May 2013 or August 2013 graduating students are not eligible for monetary awards.
- In addition to the above criteria, additional criteria may be required as stated in the individual scholarship descriptions.
- Federal regulations which govern financial aid programs require the University to incorporate any scholarship received into the student’s financial aid package. Scholarship Committees consider financial need information provided by the USM Financial Aid office.
Scholarship Application Questions
- Questions regarding non-nursing scholarship applications should be directed to Bonnie Stearns at email@example.com or 207-780-5050.
- Questions regarding School of Nursing scholarship applications should be directed to Joanne Baribeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-780-4282.
Online Scholarship Application Forms
- Applications can be completed through the College of Science, Technology, and Health Online Scholarship Application Form. The link to this form can be found on the CSTH scholarship description page. Please read through the scholarship criteria to see which scholarships you are eligible for.
- School of Nursing Online Scholarship Application Form
- STEM Scholars
Student Recognition Reception
- Scholarship awards will be handed out at our annual student recoginition reception on Thursday, April 25, 2013. All scholarship recipients who are continuing students are required to attend in order to receive their scholarship funds.
Payment of Scholarship Awards
Monetary awards to continuing students will be credited to their next academic period student account in the fall and spring standardly, by special permission for summer pending available funds or per the requirements of the individual scholarship criteria.