Office Hours Summer 2013By Appointment
I have taught sociology and criminology in England, Ireland and the U.S., where I am currently Professor of Criminology and Legal Studies at the University of Southern Maine. Despite trying quite hard, I play the fiddle very badly.
At U.S.M I teach courses on Introduction to Criminology (CRM100); Animal Abuse (CRM 327/SOC 380); and Comparative Criminology (CRM 401).
PH.D in sociology from Durham University, England
My recent books include Issues in Green Criminology (2007, edited with Nigel South, Willan Publishing) and an edited 6-volume reprint series, The Chicago School of Criminology 1914-1945 (2006, Routledge), Confronting Animal Abuse (2009, Roman & Littlefield), and Criminology: A Sociological Approach (2011, with James W. Messerschmidt, Oxford University Press). In 1997 I was the founding co-editor of the journal Theoretical Criminology.
Criminology Majors Resources
- Summer and Fall 2013 Newsletter
- CRM 340 Criminal Law Syllabus
- Department of Criminology Internship Forms
- Internship Mid Term Evaluation Form
- Internship Final Evaluation Form
- Volunteer Lawyers Project Internship Opportunity Information
- Past Internship Placements
University and College Resources