Office of Academic Assessment
- USM Math Placement Exam (Accuplacer)
- Computer Proficiency Exam (ABU 190)
- An exam in Excel for students to demonstrate proficiency in spreadsheets
- Financial Accounting Cycle Proficiency Exam (ACC 221)
- Foreign Language Placement Exams
- Exams used to determine the appropriate level of foreign language courses for USM students
- National Tests
- USM is a national test site for paper and pencil versions of certain tests such as MAT, LSAT, Praxis, etc.
- Many tests which are only offered electronically, such as the GRE General Test, GMAT, and TOEFL, are not offered at USM. To register for the GMAT, please go to www.mba.com with test sites in Westbrook and Bangor. To register for GRE or TOEFL, please go to www.prometric.com.
- Certification Exams
- Exams for certification include the MPRE, CFA and more.\
- Distance Education/Correspondence Courses
- USM offers proctoring services for local students taking distance courses which require exams to be proctored.