Scanning Services has Moved to the Law Building!
Scanning Services, along with the rest of Academic Assessment, has moved to the 6th floor (Room 628) in the Law Building. There is secure mail-box outside of Rm 240 Luther Bonney Hall in the hallway for faculty to drop off course exams to be scanned and processed. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Technical Support Provided for USM Faculty and Staff
The Office of Academic Assessment provides scanning services for faculty and staff at USM who use scanning forms (bubble sheets) for examinations, surveys and evaluations. While there is a small cost associated with some forms, there is no cost for using Scanning Services.
In order for you to receive an accurate output report, please follow the procedures listed below. If you have scanning questions, contact Scanning Services at 780-4713. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Sample Header Sheet for Course Evaluations
- Request Additional Reports - Comparative Item Reports will automatically be generated for each department. Use this form to request old report formats.
- Sample Department Comparative Item Report - A breakdown report by instructor, showing the department’s mean scores and each instructor’s mean scores.
- Sample Individual Instructor Comparative Item Report - A breakdown report by course, showing the instructor’s overall mean scores and mean scores for each course taught
- Sample Item Statistics Means Report (Report A) - A quick overview of the questions and department means for each question.
- Sample Condensed Item Analysis Report (Report B) - A more detailed report containing a breakdown of all responses for each question.
Please indicate if you will be using the "Sample Alternative No. 2" guidelines, which require a semester-by-semester breakdown, and will take longer than the usual three-week turnaround to process.